Thursday, March 13, 2008

in the works















So in the past, I have made a couple of scarves..



some hats, and a set of armwarmers. But I won't take up lots of space posting those pictures here. If you'd like to see them, you can check out my projects page on Ravelry.

Currently, I am working on my very first pair of Monkey socks. They have been taking me forever, mainly because I am slow and have been in the midst of moving over the last few weeks. But the first sock is done and in order to avoid second sock syndrome, I immediately cast on for the second sock after I finished the first. I've been blowing through the second sock, and am currently half-way through the gusset.

Here's a picture of the first, glorious sock:


It is so lovely and wonderful and squishy on my foot. I'll never forget the glee I felt when I slipped the mostly finished sock onto my foot for the first time and behold! it actually fit like a sock! And I immediately knew why people would take the time to knit socks, rather than just buying them at Wal-Mart. I don't even care that I'll have to hand-wash them. It just gives me a reason to buy some delicious smelling Soak!


Besides my socks, I'm working on a modified Tiara Scarf for my mom using this yarn:


But I don't have any pictures of the actual scarf yet..I'm really behind on that..but I will post some as soon as I get around to it.

Well, this seems to have been a productive post. Hopefully this is a glimpse of things to come.

No comments: